Friday, July 22, 2011

The Project - The Shaded Creative Space

Whew it is hot !!! and I have been getting up early to work on my next project.  I have a walk out basement and there is a space under my deck that has never been used and I need a cooler, shaded space to hang out in...a place to read and relax and meditate.

First of all, I don't own the place so I don't want to put a lot of money into it.  Second, I want to be able to do all of the work myself.  The original plan was to build a deck using discarded shipping pallets as the base and then use decking board....staying true to the idea of recycle, renew and reuse...that turned out to be a bigger plan than I wanted to take on.  So I am still trying to figure out what to do for the floor.  I did level it though - lots of shoveling and raking but that is done.

I have lots of ideas for the space and some would say the plan is a bit ambitious....you know what that means, right?...I am going to do it and it is going to be an amazing space....I'll show you...yeah!  I have thrifted some great pieces of furniture and even found some tables on the side of the road during household refuse week.


The photo below is the before and I will be working on it and will send you the updates along the way.  In the meantime, if you have any ideas for the space send me a note and if I incorporate any of them in the design I will make sure you get a mention in my blog post when we have the big reveal.

Have a great weekend and take on a  creative project ... create an environment that stimulates interior growth ....incorporate found objects, textures, and sounds into your space in a way that breathes new life into your being!



1 comment: