Monday, July 4, 2011

Awwww isn't that a pretty sweater...

So the art of thrift is in the finding , the wearing , and of course the quality and craftsmanship.  Sometimes you find an item of clothing that is just so beautiful or different and perfect in every way that you can't pass it up.

On a recent trip to the best thrift shop in the whole world - Unique Thrift - I came away with this really beautiful hot pink beaded sweater for $4.99.  I don't wear pink but I will wear this sweater! (with my Joes jeans that I bought for $5.99) It is in perfect condition with no moth holes (tip: hold it up to the light to see if there are any holes) , every single bead is in place and the silk lining is intact.

Can't wait to wear it in the dead of winter when I need something to brighten my day !  Another great tip for thrifting...just because it is summer don't pass up the sweaters and winter coats.... you can score some great finds.

Have a great 4th of July (Unique is having a sale - I am on my way !!)





No comments:

Post a Comment