Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Inspiration Piece...

Today is the day that I bid a fond farewell to my inspiration piece...my sofa.  It is a 9ft, orange and yellow velvet tie-dyed, mid - century modern sofa and was the first piece of furniture I had in this house. My "muse'" inspired me to create an amazing living space....from the orange walls,  to the gold 70's hanging lights,  to the vintage fabric I found for the dining room chairs....she had a hand in all of it. (tears in my eyes).

It is going to a nice home and I will have $$ money in my pocket - Craig's List is great.  The funny thing is - the people who are buying it both work for Raymour and Flannigan which is a furniture store on the east coast.  She said she is so tired of looking at boring traditional furniture and needed to find something unique.  She found it !!

Now to look for the next inspiration piece , maybe one of the pieces that I already have will be the one ... can you build a room around an oversized gold lamp ? I doubt it... but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment