Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Junkers Paradise

I moved to a Mid Century Modern house three years ago and did not have a clue how to decorate it.  I scanned books and magazine ( Dwell and Atomic Ranch - my favorites) to come up with ideas and I was determined to do it all by thrifting.  It started slow....I scanned Craigslist, thrift stores and after a long search I finally gave in and ordered a sofa from Crate and Barrel but it was not what I wanted to do.  That night I decided since I had broken down and gone pure retail I was going to have get some cool vintage fabric off of Ebay to make pillows...while searching through fabric I came across a 9 ft mid century sofa with orange and yellow tie-dye crushed velvet fabric - I could barely contain myself !! The next day I cancelled my CB order and bought the sofa.  The sofa was in Philly and he offered delivery for $100.  I had that sofa in my house by Saturday. Did I mention I paid just $300 dollars for it !!! 

It was the start of something great and I designed my whole first floor around it.  To say it is uncomfortable would be an understatement....everyone complains....even I am starting to complain but I can't part with it - I love it !!  The start of beautiful, creative expression.
(Click on the photo to get the ideas up close and personal)

No comments:

Post a Comment