Friday, June 24, 2011

Fabulous Mid-Century Finds - Michael Lax Designs


On a recent trip to my favorite thrift store I scored these fabulous cast iron, orange enamel coated, teak handled beauties...designed by Michael Lax for Copco and made in Denmark.

Michael Lax was a great industrial designer from the 60's and he was intent on bringing beauty to very utilitarian pieces - he was one of the first to introduce enamel to cast iron.  Best known for his craftsman appreciation for texture and color.  His designs for Copco brought an international, Scandinavian flair to basic american products. Michael Lax died May 28, 1999.


These 2 skillets and 1 sauce pan are in excellent condition and they are heavy but they heat evenly and are an easy clean up. I looked up some comps online and I stole these babies...I paid $30.00 - more than I usually shell out but I knew these were special and I am looking for more !!  Keep on thrifting !!

No comments:

Post a Comment